Ireland: Doctor mistakenly gave alcohol to a cancer patient, lost his life
Not being able to identify the doctor who took such great carelessness has become a matter of embarrassment for the entire hospital management.
Dublin: A surprising case of doctor’s negligence has come to light in Ireland. Here a female patient who was suffering from liver cancer, the doctor gave her medicine to get rid of alcohol. After which the woman became completely lethargic and lost her life. After this whole incident, a new debate has started on the negligence of doctors.
Hospital administration admits mistake
The name of this woman is being told as Norah. According to medical history, the woman had not even touched alcohol for the last 10 years. But due to the negligence of the doctors of Mater Hospital in Dublin, he lost his life. The hospital management has accepted its mistake in this matter.
The doctor could not be identified
Not being able to identify the doctor who took such great carelessness has become a matter of embarrassment for the entire hospital management. The management of Mater Hospital said that it will run a training program for its staff, so that no such mistake happens again.
Liver cancer was found in ultrasound
According to the news of The Independent, during the ultrasound of Norah, it was found that she has liver cancer. But the doctor, crossing the limit of negligence, gave medicine to get rid of drenched. When the woman was taken to the hospital, she was suffering from severe pain and jaundice.
No answer was received when asked by the family
The family members of the woman had also asked questions from the nursery regarding her lethargy. But they did not get any reply. Although the second doctor stopped the treatment on the spot as soon as the matter was detected, the woman died soon after. At present, the matter is being investigated and the hospital administration has also apologized to the family members of the woman in writing.