World Bicycle Day 2021: World Bicycle Day is celebrated every year on 3 June, know its history and benefits of cycling.
World Bicycle Day is celebrated every year on 3 June. Cycling benefits our health as well as nature. Cycling regularly makes you fit and healthy. Apart from this, you can also prevent from many serious diseases. It goes a long way in improving your unhealthy lifestyle. Let us know in this article why and when World Bicycle Day is being celebrated and what are the benefits of cycling.
World Bicycle Day 2021: Know why you should ride a bicycle every day, you will get 10 tremendous benefits
When and why is World Bicycle Day celebrated? (World Bicycle Day History and Importance)
In April 2018, the United Nations General Assembly had decided to celebrate World Bicycle Day on 3 June every year. Since then it is being celebrated every year. The reason behind celebrating it is to make people aware about the health and nature benefits of cycling. Cycling is also economical. Let us now know about the health benefits of cycling.
Benefits of Cycling
According to the Better Health Channel, an online platform funded by the Victoria State Government of Australia, cycling provides the following benefits to our body.
- Cycling is a great exercise, due to which our body is least prone to injury or stress on it.
- Most of the muscle groups of our body are active while cycling. Which leads to complete fitness.
- The benefits of cycling include increased stamina, strength and aerobic fitness.
- You can control the cycling workout according to you. You can increase its intensity from low to high.
- You can also make cycling workouts fun. For this, you can ride a bicycle with a friend or partner and go out for a walk.
- Increases cardiovascular fitness
- Stress level decreases
- Bones get stronger
- Reduce body fat and lose weight
- Gives relief from diabetes
The information given here is based on general assumptions. We do not claim this.